Continuum of Services
Excelsior’s continuum of Residential and Community Based Services are designed to help adolescent girls with complex behavioral health challenges. We take a comprehensive approach which utilizes evidence-based therapies and psychiatric services to identify and address the complex needs of the child and family.
Our Continuum of Services Includes:
Excelsior’s trauma-informed treatment program uses evidence based practices in all aspects of its continuum. Treatment is facilitated by experienced, trauma-informed staff including psychiatrists, nurses, educators, psychologists, master’s level therapists and bachelor’s level counselors and behavior coaches.
Treatment planning is designed to utilize the Excelsior Continuum of Care to provide the right treatment at the right time. Program services are highly individualized and designed to allow the youth and their family the ability to maintain the therapeutic relationships with their clinical team regardless of the particular services needed.
Excelsior offers a large array services for youth to address behavioral health needs and to promote healthy, age-appropriate social and emotional development. Specific services include:
Behavioral Health Services
- Mental health assessment
- Psychiatric assessment and on-going medication management
- Individual and Family Therapy
- Group Counseling focused on life skills, problem-solving and psycho-educational topics
- Specialized Therapy Groups (ie. Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Substance Abuse, Relapse Prevention, Family Dynamics, Healthy Relationships, etc.)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EDMR)
- Sex Offense Specific Treatment
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Alternatives for Families Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (AF-CBT)
- Animal-Assisted Therapy (Equine and Trauma Based Canine Therapy)
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Play, Art, Movement Therapies
- Recreational groups and activities coordinated in the community and on Excelsior’s residential campus which promote healthy socialization, life skills and community involvement
- Rhythm & Life Dance Group
- Wellness Program promoting healthy choices, regular fitness and proper nutrition
- Excelsior’s Teen Center includes swimming pool and fitness equipment
Licenses and Certifications
Excelsior is a private non-profit treatment program that is:
- licensed by the Colorado Department of Human Services
- credentialed by COA (Counsel on Accreditation)
- certified by the California Department of Social Services
- certified by the California Department of Public Schools
- certified by the Colorado Department of Education
- and accredited by AdvancedEd.