Continuum of Services
Excelsior’s continuum of Residential and Community Based Services are designed to help adolescent girls with complex behavioral health challenges. We take a comprehensive approach which utilizes evidence-based therapies and psychiatric services to identify and address the complex needs of the child and family.
Our Continuum of Services Includes:
Using a Cognitive Behavioral approach, our treatment program uses strength-based goals and objectives designed to promote effective and healthy choices as well as personal responsibility. Treatment is facilitated by experienced staff including psychiatrists, nurses, educators, psychologists, master’s level therapists and bachelor’s level counselors and behavior coaches. Treatment planning is developed by a multidisciplinary team, in cooperation with the youth and her family.
Often girls referred to Excelsior’s programs have struggled to maintain safety in their home, school and community and many have experienced trauma. Our programs are designed to treat the whole child which means providing comprehensive services including: individual and family therapy, group therapy, psychiatric and medical services, wellness and recreational services, spiritual services, education, and vocational opportunities.
Excelsior offers a large array services for adolescent girls to address behavioral health needs and to promote healthy, age-appropriate social and emotional development. Specific services include:
Behavioral Health Services
- Mental health assessment
- Psychiatric assessment and on-going medication management
- Individual and Family Therapy
- Group Counseling focused on life skills, problem-solving and psycho-educational topics
- Specialized Therapy Groups (ie. Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Substance Abuse, Relapse Prevention, Family Dynamics, Healthy Relationships, etc.)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EDMR)
- Sex Offense Specific Treatment
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Alternatives for Families Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (AF-CBT)
- Animal-Assisted Therapy (Equine and Trauma Based Canine Therapy)
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Play, Art, Movement Therapies
- Recreational groups and activities coordinated in the community and on Excelsior’s residential campus which promote healthy socialization, life skills and community involvement
- Rhythm & Life Dance Group
- Wellness Program promoting healthy choices, regular fitness and proper nutrition
- Excelsior’s Teen Center includes swimming pool and fitness equipment
Licenses and Certifications
Excelsior is a private non-profit treatment program that is:
- licensed by the Colorado Department of Human Services
- credentialed by COA (Counsel on Accreditation)
- certified by the California Department of Social Services
- certified by the California Department of Public Schools
- certified by the Colorado Department of Education
- and accredited by AdvancedEd.